Wednesday, 16 August 2017

Rentals in the UK

In the process of obtaining a higher education abroad, the housing issue and its costs are a very substantial part. Now we are going to take a look at accommodation rentals in the UK - a destination especially favored by many prospective students over the past few years.
The first year students in the UK are usually accommodated in a dormitory room at the university in order to be better acclimatized. In the second course, however, most of them go to free rent in the most common way - they share their apartment or house. The university, agencies and student organizations provide help in finding accommodation and even roommates. Students hire housing in the so-called "Student area" or beyond - in the private market sector. In the first case, it is a residential background for higher education institutions and intended for use by students. In the other - for the private free real estate market.
  • Where do the students hire?
  • Halls of residence
  • House share (Private homes paid to students)
  • Room in a private house
  • Private flat (Private apartment paid to students)
  • Private sector halls of residence (Private hotel buildings used by students)

The life of the island is expensive and part of it is due to rents

Anyone who wants to study in the UK and intends to live on rent must be prepared for slightly higher rentals compared to countries such as Germany, the Netherlands, France, Italy. Figuratively, the figures are roughly the same, but in one case they are in euro and in the other in British pounds. The difference in the rates of the two currencies means that in London-Paris similarities, in the English city you will pay about 20-25% more.

Big cities have high rents

As everywhere, rents in the capital and cities are higher. A review of single-room bids in an apartment in London and Portsmouth, for example, shows that the capital's room is twice as expensive - 160 to 80 pounds a week.

Example rents by cities

For the base, we take the most common rental per week for a single room with one bed in an apartment and house in different cities in the UK.
City Apartment House
London £100 – £400 £80 – £200
Birmingham £90 – £150 £40 – £100
Liverpool £60 – £100 £50 – £100
Manchester £70 – £150  £50 – £50
Oxford £50 – £150 £100 – £200
Edinburgh, Scotland £100 – £150 £50 – £150
>Cardiff, Wales £80 – £150 £80 – £100
Belfast, Northern Ireland £50 – 100 £50 – £100

What is obvious

Begin to keep track of the real estate market for students, there are a few things you will notice: firstly, as in the case of large cities, it is more expensive, secondly, the offered rooms at home are usually more than those in an apartment and almost always Cheaper, third - with £ 400 a month you can cover your rent in every city on the island, fourth - London stands out as the city with the highest rents.

The roommates

Using a private home is a luxury that few can afford, and the real student life comes from sharing it with roommates.
The cultural model in offering home use has long-standing traditions in the UK and functions well. This does not mean that everything is perfect, but it means that you can get a lot of information and offers via the Internet or on the spot and get in touch with a large number of students looking for people to share rentals. The site has a special section where students from all over the world exchange information about free rooms and look for roommates.
  • Summary and advice
  • The amounts paid by students for free rent vary in different cities. The average price per week is about 70 GBP.
  • The basic rule is that the rent falls with the increase in the number of students who share the apartment or the house, but the restriction is usually up to 4 people in a home.
  • Important: Do you sign an agreement once, you have to pay the rent until the end of the term in it, even if you decide to go out earlier!
  • Current and gas bills will increase your spending by about 40 pounds in the winter months.
  • It is possible to have separate cable TV in the room and to terminate the service in the summer months in which you will eventually be absent. As a rule, each dwelling has one TV license and every other receiver has to declare.
  • You need to make insurance of your property in the dwelling. Seek help from the higher school you are studying.
  • The location of the dwelling in relation to the university may burden your budget with transport costs, or make this feather superfluous.
  • The Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) is the agreement signed by the student for the use of a dwelling. It is usually concluded for a period of 6 months to 3 years. For students, it is most convenient to rent the home for 9-10 months as the school year lasts, but this does not regulate landlords, and they usually insist on a minimum of 12 months in order to keep housing empty during the summer months.
  • Students of full-time education are exempt from paying a fee to the local authority, but those who study part-time (abstention) are not.

Author: SYK End of Tenancy Cleaning

This post was originally published at SYK End of Tenancy Cleaning London

No comments:

Post a Comment